Contract: Permanent full time (4 days / 32 hours per week)
We are looking for a highly-motivated and experienced Communications and Policy Manager to help us bring about change in the UK housing system.
Role made possible thanks to National Lottery players, with funding from The National Lottery Community Fund.
Four days a week… with potential for growth.
The Quality of Life Foundation
At the Quality of Life Foundation, we want a housing system that improves people’s quality of life over the long term. Our aim is to make health and wellbeing central to the way we create and care for our homes and communities. We do this by using evidence gathered through research and people’s lived experience to create greater accountability and encourage long-term models of development.
We have done research on what people need from their local areas, designed an evidence-based Quality of Life framework and are doing a range of projects to support long-term thinking in industry and government. We are a small but influential organisation and are looking to grow over the coming years.
This is an exciting new post as part of our growing team, supporting the needs and aspirations of the organisation. The Communications and Policy Manager is a key role, with a focus on managing communications across the organisation, developing policy and building relationships with industry and government.
The role includes communications for the charity (Quality of Life Foundation), which researches the impact of the built environment on people’s health and wellbeing, and the trading subsidiary (QOLF Trading Ltd), which provides services to encourage good practice and provide greater accountability.
We want you to:
- Work closely with the Director and team to help shape our comms strategies across the organisation and assist in reporting its impact through annual impact reports;
- Manage our comms work through marketing and PR, including web, media, social media and events, to grow awareness of the organisation;
- Collaborate with our research department to develop policy recommendations that achieve maximum impact across industry and government (local and national);
- Develop and manage relationships with core partners and commercial partners of our services, which include a pre-planning design review; community mapping service; local authority training; and resident-led post-occupancy evaluation.
We have a hybrid working policy but meet in person as a team every Wednesday in Central London.
You will have experience of managing day-to-day comms and policy development, with strong interpersonal and project management skills. You will also have:
- Interest in health and wellbeing issues and how they relate to the built environment;
- Interest in turning research into policy recommendations;
- Excellent attention to detail, be organised and solutions-focused;
- Time management skills, working across multiple projects, prioritising tasks efficiently;
- Good communication, client handling and supplier negotiation skills;
- Strong writing skills and experience of preparing written reports and presentations, with a high level of accurate use of English, including the ability to write in a variety of styles;
- Proven ability to work well in teams;
- Ability to provide support and guidance to other team members.
When to Apply
The deadline for applicants is Sunday 22nd May. Interviews will be held w/c 23rd May.
How to Apply
Please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com using the subject ‘Communications and Policy Manager’. Your covering letter should outline your experience, why you would be suited for the role and why you want to work for the Quality of Life Foundation.
We are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion and welcome applications from all backgrounds.