Contract: Permanent full time (4 days / 32 hours per week)
We are looking for an Engagement Officer to join a growing organisation and engage with people across the country to learn about how they feel about their homes and local areas.
The Quality of Life Foundation
At the Quality of Life Foundation, we want a housing system that improves people’s quality of life over the long term. Our aim is to make health and wellbeing central to the way we create and care for our homes and communities. We do this by using evidence gathered through research and people’s lived experience to create greater accountability and encourage long-term models of development.
We have done research on what people need from their local areas, designed an evidence-based Quality of Life framework and are doing a range of projects to support long-term thinking in industry and government. We are a small but influential organisation and are looking to grow over the coming years.
Our core services include Resident Review and Mapping, which entail surveying residents to understand their views on their homes and neighbourhoods. We do both online and face-to-face resident engagement on site. We use the Commonplace platform for our online engagement.
You will carry out our face-to-face and online resident engagement work, as part of our Resident Review surveys. You will work with and be supervised by our Researcher and Research Manager to ensure that fieldwork and online engagement run smoothly.
The role will consist of:
- Planning site visits to optimise the effectiveness of face-to-face resident engagement;
- Visiting sites to better understand the local context and connect with local people;
- Producing visual assets for both face-to-face and online engagement;
- Managing and updating the Commonplace platform;
- Liaising with our partners at Commonplace, site leads and local residents throughout the engagement period;
- Supporting the development of website content, including by liaising with our communications team.
We have a hybrid working policy but meet in person as a team every Wednesday in Central London. We welcome applicants from across the UK.
We are looking for someone with communication and interpersonal skills who can effectively communicate with a broad range of people. You will:
- Have experience doing surveys and/or interviews, both online and in-person;
- Feel comfortable travelling to different parts of the country to talk to people about their experiences;
- Ideally, you will also have a qualitative research background and an interest in health and wellbeing issues as they relate to the built environment;
- We expect you to have a Bachelor’s degree and 0-3 years of work experience.
You need to have the right to work in the UK.
When to Apply
The deadline for applicants is Sunday 3rd April. Interviews will be held online w/c 11th April.
How to Apply
Please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com using the subject ‘Engagement Officer’. Your covering letter should outline your experience, why you would be suited for the role and why you want to work for the Quality of Life Foundation.
We are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion and welcome applications from all backgrounds.